Short naming tips
NameRobot's top tips for naming - short, concise, helpful
NameRobot's top tips on how to find inspiration for business and product names.
NameRobot's top tips on how to develop business and product names.
- Don't be a copycat!
- Mind the length!
- Don't make it too long!
- Think about pronunciation!
- Avoid special characters!
- Careful with abbreviations!
- Use storytelling!
- Say something about yourself!
- Define your priorities!
- First things first
- Mind the strapline!
- Keep it short!
- Descriptive company names offer advantages!
- Google ranking vs. flexibility
- Fantasy names are great!
- Descriptive vs. fantastic
NameRobot's top tips on how to decide for the right business or product name.
- Test for understandability
- Check for hidden words!
- Dare to be subjective!
- Take your time!
- Let it sink in!
- Can't decide which name idea is best?
- Consider domain names!
- Don't forget other languages!
- Consider pronunciation!
- Your business is your baby!
- Think about the future!
- Don't be too specific!
- Web address is important!
- Mind the me-too-trap for your TLD!
With these tips, you will get original ideas and the smartest name suggestions from NameRobot's tools.
NameRobot's top tips on legal aspects regarding business and product names.
Use the questions of the Osborn checklist to gather unconventional ideas.
- Are there alternative uses as it is?
- Are there alternative uses if it is adjusted?
- What can I mimic, what I can copy?
- New twist or direction?
- Change meaning, color, motion, direction, sound, smell, shape!
- Give it a different shape or geometry!
- What can I add?
- What emerges in a longer time period; in a larger time frame?
- Additional component, ingredient, ability?
- Duplicate? Multiply?
- Overdo, exaggerate?
- What can I remove?
- Reduce? Condense?
- Flatten? Shorten? Slim down?
- What instead?
- Different material?
- Different process or manufacturing?
- Different power source?
- Different location?
- A different approach?
- Swap cause and effect?
- Change steps, stages, tempo?
- Change course, grid?
- Regroup positive and negative?
- What about the opposite?
- Put the cart before the horse?
- Combine intentions, application areas!
- Combine ideas, approaches, partial solutions!