Short naming tips
NameRobot's top tips for naming - short, concise, helpful
Use the questions of the Osborn checklist to gather unconventional ideas.
- Combine ideas, approaches, partial solutions!
- Combine intentions, application areas!
- Put the cart before the horse?
- What about the opposite?
- Regroup positive and negative?
- Change course, grid?
- Change steps, stages, tempo?
- Swap cause and effect?
- A different approach?
- Different location?
- Different power source?
- Different process or manufacturing?
- Different material?
- What instead?
- Flatten? Shorten? Slim down?
- Reduce? Condense?
- What can I remove?
- Overdo, exaggerate?
- Duplicate? Multiply?
- Additional component, ingredient, ability?
- What emerges in a longer time period; in a larger time frame?
- What can I add?
- Give it a different shape or geometry!
- Change meaning, color, motion, direction, sound, smell, shape!
- New twist or direction?
- What can I mimic, what I can copy?
- Are there alternative uses if it is adjusted?
- Are there alternative uses as it is?
NameRobot's top tips on legal aspects regarding business and product names.
NameRobot's top tips on how to decide for the right business or product name.
- Mind the me-too-trap for your TLD!
- Web address is important!
- Don't be too specific!
- Think about the future!
- Your business is your baby!
- Consider pronunciation!
- Don't forget other languages!
- Consider domain names!
- Can't decide which name idea is best?
- Let it sink in!
- Take your time!
- Dare to be subjective!
- Check for hidden words!
- Test for understandability
With these tips, you will get original ideas and the smartest name suggestions from NameRobot's tools.
NameRobot's top tips on how to develop business and product names.
- Descriptive vs. fantastic
- Fantasy names are great!
- Google ranking vs. flexibility
- Descriptive company names offer advantages!
- Keep it short!
- Mind the strapline!
- First things first
- Define your priorities!
- Say something about yourself!
- Use storytelling!
- Careful with abbreviations!
- Avoid special characters!
- Think about pronunciation!
- Don't make it too long!
- Mind the length!
- Don't be a copycat!
NameRobot's top tips on how to find inspiration for business and product names.